Saturday, August 26

Breakfast at Tiffany's

This post is for a film I don't like. Sounds normal, right? Well no, because I'm really scared to tell you the name. This is because the film is considered to be a piece of cinematic history, which would therefore mean I've triggered some sort of unbalance within society causing some sort of Buffy the Vampire Slayeresque apocalypse. Plus, because I started this and I'm not trained in martial arts, a witch, a vampire or ex demon, I'll die pretty much first. So, I'm sure you can imagine the predicament I'm in. I know I'll post a video, so I don't have to say it.


I can hear the gasps from here. Allow me to say, before your tirade of insults, that I like that song. Hmm, that sounded a lot more powerful in my head, oh well here we go.

blogcritics
Allow me to convey how much I disliked this film. Firstly, I attempted to watch it a few times, to no avail, the only reason I watched it in the end was because I paid £1 to get it out the library. Secondly, I preferred, hang on it hurts my hands to type this, I preferred ... *deep breath* Kirsten Dunst's acting to Audrey Hepburn's. I may go so far as to say that I'd rather pay £5 to see Marie Antoinette, than pay £1 to rent this film for a week, no wait I take that back. However, you see my point if it made me write silly statements such as that.

I must warn you now as to what is about to happen, it involves Audrey Hepburn's, acting, and it's not very nice. Have you covered your eyes? good, I'll go on. My first thoughts about Audrey Hepburn were 'that's a nice dress' and 'isn't she pretty'. My second thoughts were 'I've been conned' and 'who told me she could act?'. Honestly, she can't act for toffee (or more appropriately diamonds). I understand that she's this cinematic icon, but I think the fact that she can't act has been forgotten in the over-hype of this film! I found her over-dramatic and over-annoying.

The story itself seemed to be simply a mess. It skipped from one argument to the next and I couldn't understand a thing that was going on. If Holly wasn't crying she was drunk, if she wasn't drunk she was being over-dramatic, if she wasn't being over-dramatic she was crying etc. I really wish I could show you the face I had throughout the whole film, because it describes my feelings completely.

I have to say that, I think half the people that say they love this film, haven't actually seen it. I say this because before I watched it I loved it or I loved the idea of it; Audrey Hepburn in a pretty dress, buying jewellery and saying 'Darling' a lot, what's not to love Thereforeore what really spoiled this film for me was, watching it.

2 comments:

  1. Have you taken leave of your mind dear child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you taken leave of your senses?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...