Sunday, February 18

My Style Icons. - Selma Blair

Part One - Punk and Pearls, The Classic Edge.

I've mentioned before that the popular style icons these days (Kate Moss, Sienna Miller I even heard whisperings of Paris Hilton) are a little boring and uninspired for me. So I thought to myself who's style inspires me? It's been said that the world is obsessed with celebrity culture, so these people, I suppose, are the ones that make me go shopping with the intent of buying whatever (blank) was wearing.


Selma Blair Beitner (born on June 23, 1972) is an American actress. Blair's best known film role was in Cruel Intentions (1999), which also starred Sarah Michelle Gellar and Reese Witherspoon. Both Blair and Witherspoon later starred together in Legally Blonde (2001).



A long time friend and follower of Karl Lagerfeld and his designs for Chanel. She wore two of his dresses for her wedding – a pink single-shouldered one for the ceremony and an identical black one for the party. Selma became the face of Chanel Vision in 2005.


"I think we all feel like misfits when we open our mouth sometimes, you know? My mother dressed me always very conservatively. Preppy's your best best and was very... Definitely my outer appearance was always very conservative and very preppy and classic, and I'd open my mouth and it was just a nightmare. It was more off-putting than if I would have just put a sign on saying 'I'm a freak'."


Selma's figure could be described as being 'boyish' but she always manages to maintain a great amount of feminine elegance about her. Her Red-Carpet style could be described as being very gracefully chic, as she chooses between very floaty, almost ethereal gowns and more structured dress suits. Always accompanied by very understated, simple jewellery of course.





Her casual day wear has a similar air of simplicity. But don't misconceive her look as boring. Expect to see her wearing a preppy blazer and pearls, interestingly mixed with skin-tight jeans and sky-scraper, killer heels. Add her trademark dark brunette/black hair or even her new platinum blonde pixie cut and well 'Toto, I don't think we're in first period Latin anymore'


2 comments:

  1. I never thought of Salma as a Style Icon but she is looking really good in all these photos...I even like the hair...gotta like a girl who takes risks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hair too fashion critic. I like that she takes risks, but at the same time doesn't try too hard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...