Saturday, March 10

My Style Icons. - Zooey Deschanel

Part Two: Quirky, Cute, Indie Kid.


Part two of 'My Style Icons' is a little late (do I need to remind of my Internet problems. I think not!), allow me to remind you of what I'm doing here. The popular style icons of today (Kate Moss, Sienna Miller) bore me, although I do admire Kate's style, she's been doing it for so long I've seen it all before, don't even get me started on her new 'dirty' take on that style. Believe me I've thought long and hard about who my style icons are, the people who make me think "Wow! I wish I had that dress/bag/pair of shoes' or "Gosh, they look stunning". And I think I've narrowed it down to about 15, just kidding, probably 12. :)

Zooey Claire Deschanel (born January 17, 1980) is an American actress. Better known for her roles in "almost Famous" (2000), "Elf" (2003) and "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" (2005). Although, she has also starred in a few indie films. On top of being a talented singer.




Slated to have 'bumped-off' Kirsten Dunst, I'm sure you can imagine my delight, for the much coveted honours of Marc Jacobs' muse (alongside Winona Ryder and Sofia Coppola). It's clear to see Zooey has great love for fashion.


It's an addiction. I love clothes. I like to go down Melrose and look in all the windows and I go to different flea markets. I have lots of costumes. You never know when you're going to have to dress up like a milkmaid from the 1600s.



Zooey definitely has a fun and quirky sense of style ranging from retro prints, tea dresses and cute-yet-edgy clothes. What I like about Zooey is that she obviously enjoys clothes and having fun with them, but she doesn't meticulously fuss over the tiny details and end up looking over styled, as many 'quirky' dressers can (eg. Chloe Sevigny and Sarah Jessica Parker in a few episodes of SATC). Vain as it may seem,she reminds me of my style when I'm having a good day. Like me, she has a penchant for thick tights in all sorts of colours and patterns, bright colours and retro clothes. And she understands the value of a truly fabulous dress, although I'm sure she probably has a lot more than me!




3 comments:

  1. I love Zooey :]]

    she looks deadly twins with Katy Pery dont you think ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sararocks, I do see the resemblance, but style wise I think Zooey is a lot quirky and cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I seriously love her!
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...