Monday, April 16

Amy Winehouse...Rehab...Back To Black...Blah, Blah, Zzzzz.



There's a lot of buzz surrounding Amy Winehouse at the moment. First it was the whole 'Rehab' movement (pre Mika - Grace Kelly buzz, which I just don't get), then her album came out and now there's just a general crazy I ♥ Amy Winehouse buzz. Nevertheless, very few people have actually checked out her first album Mercury Music Prize shortlisted (lost out to Franz Ferdinand. Awful, awful band if you ask me) and Brit nominated, 'Frank'.



Released in 2003 on Island records, 'Frank' is a mix of contemporary R&B and Jazz. Aged only 19 when the album was written Amy penned all the lyrics an collaborated with popular Hip-Hop producer Salaam Remi, although the track 'I Heard Love Is Blind' was all Amy's work. The album has also reached Platinum status (selling 300,000 plus copies) during the recent release of 'Back to Black', as 'Frank' re-entered into the UK Album Charts.

Her debut is definitely worth a listen, if not simply to see has she has grown and developed as an artist. If your a little bored of the 'Back to Black' buzz, but don't want to stray away from her sound, then this is the album for you. And if you have the chance go see her live, she is truly amazing!

A Preview of 'Frank'

3 comments:

  1. wowza...LOVING THE NEW LAYOUT.

    I am still trying to figure out the 3 column thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank is definitely worth a listen! Back to Black is a great album but I think Frank is bit better. Stronger Than Me was my joint!

    The new layout looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fashion Critic and Hotloca - it took me a while so I'm glad you like it!
    Oh I have so many more favourites on Frank, but I love Back to Black too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...