Thursday, April 12

Film Soundtracks Worth A Listen - Part One



I've been enjoying having something regular to post in the form of the 'My Style Icon' posts. Hence, I thought it wold be a good idea to do something similar which linked to either music or films, but then I had a conversation with an old friend, who gave me the idea to link the two. So, I give you Film Soundtracks Worth A Listen. Ok, not a great title, but it's straight to the point isn't it? And what better film to start with than the film my friend and I were discussing, Cruel Intentions.




Cruel Intentions
is a 1999 feature film, based on Pierre Choderlos de Laclos' 18th Century novel 'Les Liasons Dangereuses'. Although it is updated for the modern day as it focuses on a group of wealthy teenagers, living in New York City. The plot is mainly driven by a bet held between the two main characters, and it heavily involves manipulation, seduction, and love in a rich and sophisticated socially elite youth atmosphere. Starring the 'Hot Young Hollywood' stars of the time; Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillipe, Reese Witherspoon and Selma Blair. With appearances from Joshua Jackson (Dawson's Creek), Tara Reid (American Pie), Eric Mabius (Ugly Betty) and Sean Patrick Thomas (Save The Last Dance). If the modern adaptation and the young actors didn't attract most misunderstood and moody teens, then the soundtrack certainly rounded in the last few stragglers.

Possibly one of the most popular soundtracks of the 90's. With music from Blur, Placebo, Faithless and Skunk Anansie amongst others. It also featured the anthem 'Bittersweet Symphony' lyrics written by Mr Angsty Misunderstood himself - Richard Ashcroft of The Verve. All very appropriate for the most sophisticatedly moody teens out there and very fitting to the dark undertones of the film. So very 90's.



Link to Cruel Intentions Spotify Playlist.

2 comments:

  1. i'll have to check this out. i really love the garden state soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Aud. It's one of the very few film soundtracks I own.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...