Wednesday, November 7

My Style Icons. - Mena Suvari

Part Four - Funky Little Choir Girl Priss


Do I really need to refresh your memory here? Just in case - Typical style icons these days ... Kate Moss, Sienna Miller ... zzzz ... Mine, wowza ... and all that jazz. Haha, you get it now?


Mena Adrienne Suvari (born February 13, 1979) is an American actress and Model. Probably best known for her role in 'American Beauty' (1999), she is also well known for her role as the choir girl in the 'American Pie' films.




In my opinion Mena is probably one of the best dressed young female actresses out there - She's well put together, without looking like she tried too hard. Classy, but not prim. Sexy, but not trashy. And, unlike a lot of young Hollywood actresses, she doesn't look like she's been drugged up and dragged through a hedge backwards.Yet, she never really seems to get any recognition (except, fair enough, for the odd Vogue best dressed list), she takes quite a few risks and the majority pay off.


“I’m not a girly girl. I like basic clothing items that have a twist to them. I just bought a cardigan (which I’m not usually a fan of) that’s got these old antique buttons that look like rhinestones. It’s a little bit vintage, a little bit rock. I also love great fitting tank tops with some edge. They’re simple, yet sexy. Feminine, without being overly girly."


As she says her style is very feminine but funky, it certainly suits her personality - the tiny blonde with a feisty edge. All this is shown in her fun and relaxed red carpet style.



Mena manages to effortlessly skip from one style to another, without looking like she's playing dress-up. Switching from hippie to preppy to funky in the blink of an eye.



Finally (like Kelis), how can I mention Mena without mentioning her hair - starting out in the 'American' titled to films she began as wholesome American blonde and now she's showing Britney how it's done by rocking the G.I Jane-esque buzz cut and looking A-Maze-Ing whilst doing it!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...