Wednesday, September 3

My Style Icons. - Chloë Sevigny

Part Five - The Indie Queen; The Fashion Icon of Fashion Icon's

I haven't done this for a long time, and this is probably going to be the last time (who knew they actually made you work at uni), so you'll be forgiven for forgetting what I'm doing. There you're forgiven, but I honestly can't be bothered to explain so I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.


Chloë Stevens Sevigny
(born November 18, 1974) is a critically acclaimed actress and former model. Probably best known for her fashion choices, Sevigny has starred in a number of independent films, but also received Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations for her role in 'Boys Don't Cry'. She currently stars in the popular TV series 'Big Love' (which I love, and you should check out!).



“Whether she wears designer clothes or vintage clothes, they always look like Chloe Sevigny clothes” Nicolas Ghesquiere (Balenciaga)


If there ever was a celebrity deserving of a fashion it's Chloë. She has a quirky sense of style that I suppose you could describe as being a little bit hipster, but really she's been on that trend for a long time that she's almost evolved out of it. If anything the one thing that separates her from all the other "Hipster's" is the fact that she can adapt to many different styles, without looking like she's tried too hard (whereas the average hipster will either look really awkward in a ballgown or just opt for their usual 'quirky' dress, with black nail polish, heavy eyeliner and lank, greasy hair).


“Whether she wears designer clothes or vintage clothes, they always look like Chloe Sevigny clothes” Nicolas Ghesquiere (Balenciaga)



What I love about Chloë is that despite being hailed as a Fashion Icon, creating her own clothing line and having her own style advice column (in ELLE UK) she remains humble about her style.

“Every time I see a photo of myself from the past month I think, ‘what was I thinking?’”


Her style has definitely 'grown up' since her earlier appearances on the red carpet, but her innate sense of style and understanding of fashion and clothes has remained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...