Thursday, June 4

Oooh, She's A Rebel.


I really wanted to another picture-y post but didn't know what to do - my Last.fm chart hasn't changed much since the last times I did this. But then I thought 'why do I have to do my Last.fm top 10, why not just pick my own 10 artists'. So that's what I'm doing. (FYI: I didn't intend for the majority of them to be women, it just worked out that way!)




1. Feist
First track heard: Inside and Out
Track that made me get into the band: Mushaboom
Favourite track (all-time): La Même Histoire
Favourite track (currently): 1,2,3,4





2. Adele
First track heard: Chasing Pavements
Track that made me get into the band: Daydreamer
Favourite track (all-time): Make You Feel My Love
Favourite track (currently): Tired






3. Björk
First track heard: It's Oh So Quiet
Track that made me get into the band: Human Behaviour
Favourite track (all-time): Big Time Sensuality
Favourite track (currently): Possibly Maybe

(more after the jump)



4. Florence and the Machine
First track heard: Kiss With a Fist
Track that made me get into the band: Her cover of Postcards From Italy
Favourite track (all-time): Dog Days Are Over
Favourite track (currently): Her cover of You Got The Love






5. M.I.A
First track heard: Sunshowers
Track that made me get into the band: Bucky Done Gun
Favourite track (all-time): Galang
Favourite track (currently): Paper Planes






6. Jenny Owen Youngs
First track heard: Fuck Was I
Track that made me get into the band: Her cover of Hot In Herre
Favourite track (all-time): Voice On Tape
Favourite track (currently): Things We Don't Need Anymore






7. Imogen Heap
First track heard: Headlock
Track that made me get into the band: Goodnight and Go
Favourite track (all-time): Hide and Seek
Favourite track (currently): Speeding Cars






8. Lauryn Hill
First track heard: Doo-Wop That Thing
Track that made me get into the band: Everything Is Everything
Favourite track (all-time): Ex-Factor
Favourite track (currently): So Much Things To Say







9. Siobhan Donaghy
First track heard: Overrated
Track that made me get into the band: Ghosts
Favourite track (all-time): There's a Place
Favourite track (currently): Halcyon Days






10. Patrick Wolf
First track heard: Pigeon Song
Track that made me get into the band: Magic Position
Favourite track (all-time): Enchanted
Favourite track (currently): Accident & Emergency


2 comments:

  1. Some of the people on this list who I've heard, I really like. I think that means I need to check out the rest!

    P.S. I didn't know you were still doing this blog! I thought you had moved over to tumblr or something. Duh. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely check out the rest Jen!

    I try to keep this one updated, it sort of fell by the wayside this past year whilst I was stressed out at university, so it was easier to just post pictures here on there on Tumblr - but I'm really trying to keep this updated!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...