Wednesday, July 1

Reasons Why I Love The Olsen Twins




Separately, they're better known as Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, 23 year old twin actresses, designers and business moguls. Possibly best known for their role in the American Sitcom 'Full House', they became a house-hold name when they branched out into straight-to-video films and 'pre-teen merchandise' like dolls, fragrances, clothes and books. In recent years the twins have become more focused on the fashion side of their business, whilst also defining their own individuality and personal styles. They have also recently launched clothing lines The Row and Elizabeth & James.


1. They pretty much wear (massive) heels on a daily basis. I tried wearing heels for one day and the next day my feet were so sore that I couldn't even wear shoes! So either these girls feel no pain or they hide it well!

2. They're short - MK is 5" and Ashley is 5"1 - they're so short it makes me and my 5"3 height feel tall. It's not a dig either I like being short and I like seeing short people wearing amazing clothes you wouldn't expect to look amazing on them like floor length gowns and maxi dresses, even some mini-skirts look long on me. It's just reassuring to know that I can get away with wearing a lot more things with my height than I think I can.

3. They're twins. I know this is an obvious statement, but I was always envious of twins and pretended to have a twin sister when I was younger. I just think it would be amazing to have a ready made best friend, with the same shoe size and who you can share secrets and clothes with (Obviously we'd be the best friend type twins and not the controlling/submissive type twins like the ones on Skins).




4. They probably have the most amazing collective wardrobe between them - ranging from designer, high-street and vintage. Ashley's style is very classic with a bit of an edge, whereas Mary-Kate's is a bit hippy/hipstery. The girls have previously mentioned that they share their clothes but they both manage to keep their own defined, individual style.

5. Despite all the glamorous parties and friends, they still seem quite normal, or as normal as they can be. They've pretty much led their lives in the spotlight since they were a few months old, yet despite the odd gossip rag rumour they still manage to keep their personal life private and continue to forge a more business careers together and individually - with Ashley taking more focus with the fashion lines and Mary-Kate continuing with her acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...