Saturday, June 26

I Want To See This...I Like This...I Want This. Oh, I Don't Know.


(DKNY 'Fourplay' ad/short film. Dir, Jake Sumner. Starring, Christina Ricci.)


Many fashion designers/houses have taken to advertising their stuff through the use of short films (Dior, Donna Karan, Chanel). In the digital age (does that make it sound like I know what I'm talking about?) I suppose it makes sense. Designers are always trying to portray a certain image of their brand through advertising (even through their seasonal collections) and making a short 'film' based on the concept of the brand is possibly the easiest way to show this.  Which to be fair, I'm sort of cool with if they insist on using celebrities instead of models in their advertising campaigns they might as well get some use out them.

(A couple more after the jump)





(the making of 'Lady Blue Shanghai - Dior)


(Chanel No5, starring Audrey Tatou)


(My favourite - Chanel No5, starring Nicole Kidman and Rodrigo Santoro. Dir, Baz Luhrman)

1 comment:

  1. Lol, get some use out of them indeed. I like the idea, too. Any extension of creativity and fashion makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...