Tuesday, June 2

Mini-Me


(image via Milk)

I'm always a little dubious of the so called 'mini fashionistas' (I'm a a little dubious of the term 'fashionista', but that's a whole other story),  a lot of my favourite street style blogs (Garance DorĂ©, The Sartorialist etc) have been featuring photos of impeccably dressed children and I always smile and say 'well, they look lovely', but never really thought more of it, that is until today.


(image via Milk)

Garance's newest post features pictures for her contribution to this month's Milk magazine, she states the same thought that I always had seeing these well dressed children - I just assumed their parent's dressed them, but apparently not. Furthermore, I've always credited the way I dress to being given free reign of my wardrobe and during the time's I lived out of a suitcase, having to create a different daily outfit with a small amount of clothes.

(image via Katwalkkat)

I think the main thing I take issue with is children so obviously carrying branded names like Chanel, Dior, Louis Vuitton etc - it just seems a bit much to me. Where does personal style/childish experimation end and the idea of being a fashion victim/label whore begin - surely a child doesn't know the difference between a Chanel 2.55 bag and a bag costing £2.55 from Primark, and if they do, why on earth should they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...