Monday, October 18

I Hope You're Happy. I Hope You're Happy Now.

weheartit
As I mentioned, it was my birthday on Saturday (16th Oct), to celebrate I spent Friday evening and Saturday in London. More specifically I went to see Wicked on Friday night.






Wicked was amazing, seriously. I absolutely loved it. I've told you how big a fan of The Wizard of Oz I am, so I was intrigued to hear 'the other side of the story'. Wicked is apparently the most popular show of the past decade and I can totally see why - it's really not too cliche to say that I laughed and cried all the way through. So if you get a chance to go, most definitely go - I'm already planning my next trip!





On the Saturday (my actual birthday) we had a bit of a wander. Although, I spent a lot of time in London as a child (living between Nottingham and London, for a few years), so I'm not really one for the typical sort of London wanderings (Covent Garden and Camden Lock are far too commercial now and I seriously hate Oxford Street), plus I was only there about 2 months ago so I felt all wandered out. Like I always do, if all else fails, we headed to Brick Lane.



Brick Lane is known for a few things - bagels, vintage, curry houses, street art, music and the general mish-mash of culture. As you probably noticed from my Madrid post, I'm a huge fan of street art, or street arty looking, um, art. So I couldn't resist snapping a couple of pictures!






 We also did a little bit of shopping, during which I got something (somethings) incredibly lovely and gorgeous, but I think I'll save that for another post!

2 comments:

  1. A delightful Blog!

    I have heard such positive things about 'Wicked'. It was good to here yet another positive about it.

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    It was such a wonderful play, definitely one I'd like to see a million more times!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...