Thursday, March 10

I Still Like This Song




Hello lovelies and happy Thursday. Actually that's weird I can't believe it's Thursday already! 
You may have noticed, I've mentioned it a couple of times now, that I'm taking a little time from the blogging or spending less time with it at the moment. Not for any particular reason other than, I suppose, the fact that it's nearly Spring and I'm doing a little spring cleaning of my life (not quite as dramatic as that may sound). I very rarely do songs that I 'still like' unless I'm in an extremely nostalgic mood (or if someone has died), but this song in particular actually means a bit more to me than a little nostalgia - and as far as I'm aware Vanessa Carlton is still alive and well!

Maybe you were all faster than me
We gave each other up so easily
These silly little wounds will never mend
I feel so far from where I've been
So I go, and I will not be back here again
I'm gone as the day is fading on white houses
...
And you, maybe you'll remember me

What I gave is yours to keep.


"White Houses" came out the year I finished secondary school and left a lot people who I'd known for quite a long time in my life, so for me (regardless of the meaning for Vanessa) it signified moving on from the past, whilst moving on to new beginnings and new relationships. It's a song I always end up revisiting at times of transition in my life that at this time in my life, as I fill out MA application forms, is probably why I still like this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...