Tuesday, March 29

"Where Dreams Come True"


I'm a huge Disney fan, honestly who isn't? I love how you can lose yourself in beautiful fairy-tales about princesses and princes, dungeons and dragons and witches and wizards. Out of all the animation studios out there Disney has always had the ability to capture magic and warmth in the stories they retell and those they create.

I'm 'old school' so I still adore (and miss) watching hand-drawn animation from films like The Little Mermaid and Robin and Hood. I think it's amazing how they manage to capture such character and depth with a few pencils (ok, yes I know it's a little more complicated than that). I do however love seeing the newer digitally drawn images in films like Meet the Hendersons, Finding Nemo and Up the fact that they manage such incredible detail is just mind-blowing. As I've got older, however, one of my new loves is seeing how they create the entire film - from story-boarding to all the other hugely important parts that come after - this is how I discovered 'concept art'. According to the fantastically accurate web-source that is Wikipedia.

"Concept art is a form of art where the main goal is to convey a visual representation design, idea and/of mood for films."

Once you discover Disney Concept Art I dare you to stop looking for it, as you shall see. I thought I'd share some of the concept art from my favourite Disney films.

The Little Mermaid






The Rescuers




Pocahontas




Meet The Robinsons




101 Dalmatians




The Sword in the Stone



Who Framed Roger Rabbit




Tangled 




You can find more information about Disney Concept Art at The Art of Disney Animation [site in French].

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...