Saturday, April 23

Women In Music: My Name is Florence Welch & I Am a Mermaid.



I think this is a sort of old video at this point, but I really wanted to share it - simply because I enjoyed watching it so much and if you haven't seen it, well that's a bonus!

This video coincided with ELLE US' annual 'Women in Music' issue which features various female musicians - with rising stars like Willow Smith and Florence Welch as well as iconic stars like Aretha Franklin and Stevie Nicks. The video itself is very 'Gwen Stefani heavy' (which if you aren't a fan of hers, like me, can be a little tedious) and they probably could've traded Willow Smith (who is not quite a woman yet) in for someone else (Lykke Li, maybe)  but there are some fun 'sound-bites' from a couple my faves - Adele, Florence Welch, Robyn, Jennifer Hudson and Feist; including Florence singing songs from The Little Mermaid and Adele's now infamous laugh.

(I have put the full video after the jump as that seems to be the only way it's show up! Also a few images from the issue)








(video contains some nsfw language)

Adele


Nicki Minaj


Robyn


Florence Welch (of Florence and the Machine)



1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...