Friday, May 13

Recently, I Have Mostly...

weheartit
Yeah, it's been a while since I've written one of these, hence the 'recently' in the title. There was the double Bank Holiday weekend (because someone got married or something) and after that everything sort of blended into what felt like an eternal weekend.

So recently (during this vague and unending time period ) I have mostly.
  • It's sort of mine and my friend's (Tash, for enquiring minds) thing to spend far too long in Waterstones every time we go into the city centre, and the most recent time was no exception. Tash is going on holiday in a couple of weeks, so she had quite a field day with the 3for2 offer that they always have at this time of year. I on the other hand have a huge pile of 'to-read' books that I've barely even started to make my way through (as you may have noticed if you follow me on Goodreads). I could not however resist the lure of the Penguin Popular Classics (which only cost about £2 each) this time adding Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, which is one of those books I always think I've read due to the fact that I've seen the TV adaptation and film so many times. 
  • Continuing the book theme, I visited my local book shop which sells (sometimes) damaged books for a lot less than they'd usually retail at. This time I picked up Leon: Ingredients and Recipes (which ties in with the Leon Restaurants) for only £3, and a little sellotape damage repair work. It's a really fun recipe book, complete with pull-out posters, stickers and lots of interesting food related information. I also bought French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guillano, and yes I know what you're thinking, but I'd heard so much about it and I was intrigued (plus it was only £2, so I can always sell it on amazon after).

  • I have a very long list of films I want to see, which I've either missed seeing at the cinema, weren't on wide release or that are 'before my time; I also discovered 'Indie Movies Online' thanks to the gent's over at Gradulthood and have managed to watch a couple of films I never would of heard about - my favourite being Conversations With Other Women (above). Obviously, in theory it's a little counterproductive as I've stopped going to see new releases meaning they just get added to the list, but there really isn't that much that appeals to me in cinemas at the moment.
  • I've gone a little bit Ebay crazy in the past couple of weeks and have started bidding on a lot of nail polishes. So far I've had a few losses and near misses, but hopefully the days spent glued to my phone will result in a few new polishes, fingers crossed.
And that's about it; Or it's all I can remember due to the super long Blogger error today that deleted a few posts! Hopefully next week will be a little more memorable. I'm especially looking forward to a bit of a Eurovision party tomorrow night and a bit of a Lush beauty spree for some much needed beauty items. What do you have planned?

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen Pride and Prejudice more than I can count and I can always find pleasure in rereading Jane Austen's books. Thank you for the link to the indie movies...I don't go to the movie theatre much since most movies seem like a waste of time. I hope I don't sound like a snob for saying this but I'm kind of tired of same old thing in most movies..crude humor, violence, lots of sex and alcohol. I'm done with it. I'm mostly enjoying what's left of my Sunday...xxooxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, it's such a great site - so I'm happy to pass the link on! I genuinely can't remember the last time I went to the cinema, I've been waiting for a lot of the newer releases to come out on DVD or rental sites - I just don't enjoy the experience anymore and like you say, there really isn't much on! Not snobby at all!

    Thanks for your comment!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...