Wednesday, June 15

Film Inspiration: An Education


Title: An Education
Released: 2009
Director: Lone Scherfig
Starring: Carey Mulligan, Peter Saarsgard, Alfred Molina.

"A coming-of-age story about a teenage girl in 1960s suburban London, and how her life changes with the arrival of a playboy nearly twice her age."

An Education was actually the film that inspired me to start doing film inspiration posts. The first time I saw this film I fell in love with all the late 50's/early 60's decor - Jenny's family home (particularly the kitchen), the shop fronts and groceries, Ms Stubbs' home and Danny and Helen's flat. I also became a little bit infatuated with Rosamund Pike's character, Helen, who is a little bit dippy but incredibly glamorous. I love seeing the way Jenny becomes 'educated' during the course of the film - from her hum-drum life as a schoolgirl, to being a one half of a glamorous couple about town - as her wardrobe changes and you see the ever growing contrast between her classic 1950's home to Danny and Helen's apartment, which oozed glamour and culture.





















Facebook'/Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/pinterest

4 comments:

  1. i'll have to keep an eye out for this one. i like vintage-styled films. and always love to find a good Brit flick too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely with you on this. I'd like to step right into that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!!!
    I loved that movie and these photos are superb, I want those kitchens!

    Just a Silhouette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    There's so much attention to detail throughout the whole film not just the decor and costumes, but little things like tax discs, newspaper, shop fronts and grocery items - I love looking out for that sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...