Friday, June 10

This Week I Have Mostly...

Happy Friday! 
[insert super old Rebecca Black reference here]
I am currently without Internet at home so am relying on my local library, which is a pretty large pet peeve - I hate using my computer in public, I'm sure nobody is vaguely interested in what I'm doing, but I become incredibly self-conscious!

What have you been up to this week? 
Well, This week I have mostly;


  • I shared the photo above on my personal Facebook page earlier in the week, it tied in with my post about pictures on walls so I thought I'd post it here too. I discovered it in one of the loo's at Bungalows and Bears a couple of months ago, and thought it too sweet not to share; it's some of the lyrics from The Beatles song 'I Will'.
  • I got a really positive response from my last post (Reasons Why I love Menswear), through the comments, Twitter, Tumblr and in my emails, so thank you everyone who contacted me; it made me feel a lot less like I was having mardy, and a lot more like I was making sense, which very rarely happens!
  • I managed to get through a couple of books to help towards my general read more books challenge (and resolution). In the past couple of weeks I finished reading Pride and Prejudice, which I absolutely loved. I also read An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin, Playing with the Grown Ups by Sophie Dahl and One Day by David Nicholls - all of which had been on my 'to-read' list for sometime and all of which I enjoyed (I reviewed a couple of them in a little more detail which you can read here).
  • I found out that Wollaton Hall (which is about a 20 min walk from my house) is being used in the new Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises, as the exterior of Wayne Manor [source]. Although a few films have been filmed in Nottingham (Shane Meadows films a bit here), this is probably one of the bigger ones, and I'm genuinely quite excited (not only because, depending on the plot, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Tom Hardy will be in a 10 mile radius of me for quite a few weeks).

  • They've finally released the poster for The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn, due to be released on Boxing Day in the UK. I've been quite a big Tintin fan since I was little, reading the books, watching the TV show (I've been watching my boxset just this week) and visiting the Covent Garden shop a few too many times; I have been counting down since they announced that the film was going to be made - and they keep adding fantastic people to the cast (Jamie Bell, Daniel Craig, Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost...) - so as you can imagine at this point I'm so excited, I'm ready to burst! 
And that's about it - these posts never fail to make me seem incredibly uninteresting. This weekend I'm off to the cinema - very excited! 
Hope you have a great weekend whatever you do!


Facebook/Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...