Wednesday, August 3

I Like Your Style: Leighton Meester



Leighton Meester is probably best known for portraying the iconic (yup, I'm calling it) Blair Wladorf in US TV show, Gossip Girl

Playing a character like Blair Waldorf with her distinctive sense of style (particularly in the high school years), it could have been difficult for Leighton to define herself and become recognisable aside from the character she plays. Leighton's fashion sense is however, the complete opposite of Blair's - unconventional, daring and occasionally risqué - with a few masculine lines and interesting shapes thrown in - she has definitely set herself apart from her prim counterpart (and in my opinion her co-star - Chanel/Anna Wintour muse Blake Lively).











(all images via leightonmeester.us)

Facebook'/Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I love Leighton Meester's style. I also love how unlike the rest of young hollywood she is with her parental issues and making a point to not follow in the footsteps marked out for her. She's a good role model for the young'uns! Also, Blair is now the only reason to watch that show, am I right?
    Hope you're having a good summer!

    Just a Silhouette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday Alice, I'm having a good summer despite a huge reading list to get through, it helps that the UK weather has perked up a little though!
    I love Leighton! Her personal life/childhood is right out of a film isn't it, but she seems incredibly grounded and lovely in spite of it, or possibly as a result of it. I must confess I stopped watching GG at the end of series - I couldn't cope with the Chuck and Blair back and forth, couldn't stand the sight of Jenny Humphrey and just found everyone else really boring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...