Monday, August 15

Recently, I Have Mostly

newspaperblackout
  •  So, again I have to apologise for the lack of posts; I'm still without a cable to charge my computer. It's mostly because I keep spending my money on other things, but it's also because (and this will sound stupid to a lot of people) Mercury is in retrograde and I don't want to tempt fate (last time mercury was in retrograde I had the same problem, this time I broke my phone).
  • I went to Wistow Maize Maze in Leicestershire with some of my family. It was a great day out. I shall share a few pictures in the next couple of days.
  • I had a couple of weeks where I honestly felt a bit rubbish; I had breakouts, trouble sleeping and really bad asthma. I'm generally quite a healthy person, but I have been a bit lapse in taking care of myself recently. The lack of sleep is definitely being helped by not being able to use my computer. Whereas, the breakouts were really easy to sort out thanks to Lush - I steamed my face with Tea Tree Toner Tabs and cleansed with Ultrabland (which incidentally has to be my favourite Lush product) and my skin was back to normal within a couple of days. I also started following Blogilates, thanks to the recommendation of Terri-Jane and have already done a couple of the workouts. I'm also looking about doing a couple of fitness classes.
  •  It's my birthday in two months (almost to the day - Oct 16th) and I''m trying to decided what I want to do to celebrate. On here, I'm still considering a giveaway which would also mark the 5th birthday of the blog. In general, I'm not sure what I want to do. Last year as you may remember I went to see Wicked, which was amazing, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to go through all the trouble of rounding up my friends and organising something like that. I'm actually entertaining the idea of spending it on my own in a hotel somewhere, this may seem a bit pathetic to some, but would be absolute bliss for me!


  • I literally read a couple more books since last time, awful I know, but I'm waiting on a few reservations at the library. Firstly I read I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley, which was recommended to me by Dana a very long time ago - I Was Told... is a series of, very funny, short essays based on the author's every day life. Of course the one thing that sold the book to me was the title, as my mum told when she glanced at the cover, it definitely sounds like something I'd say! I also read The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan. The novel is set out in the format of dictionary with a series of short entries for certain words, which track the story of a relationship.
autonomy, n.
"I want my books to have their own shelves," you said, and that's how I knew it would be okay to live together.  (From The Lover's Dictionary)

Hey there.' I cleared my throat. 'How are you?' I'm engaged!' Incidentally, this is an unacceptable answer to that question.(From I Was Told There'd Be Cake) 

  • I'm officially going back to university for my Masters this year and I'm really quite excited! I'm actually starting to feel as hopeful, career wise, as I did when I first finished my undergraduate degree - a year spent applying for jobs that you don't get can really take a toll on one's confidence - I'm back to being optimistic about my future! I'm even considering my plans are once my Masters is finished!
Lix Storm. Chillin' like a boss.
  • Regular what I've been watching on TV Update. Like most in the UK I have been enjoying watching The Hour. I felt that it was a little slow and confusing at first, but it's really started to flow now, which is great. I'm loving the the relationship between Bel and Freddie - especially Freddie's 'puppy-dog eyes', but I'm completely in adoration of Lix Storm (played by Anna Chancellor). If I described people as being 'fierce', which clearly I don't, I would say that Lix Storm has an over abundance of ferocity.
  • Still with TV. I have been catching up with a few American Sitcom recommendations, namely Parks and Recreation and Modern Family. You should probably watch Parks and Rec if you can as it is all kinds of amazing (of which you may already be aware if you follow me on twitter). Modern Family is also incredibly funny, although I don't love it as much as Parks and Rec, it has definitely grown on me as the series goes on. On a related note, you should probably read this post from Gradulthood, which has spawned many-a-conversation.
  • Finally, You may have worked out from my last post that I'm obsessed with the song Super Bass by Nicki Minaj and after a couple of weeks of hard work and listening to it on repeat I now know the entire first verse (and chorus by heart), time well spent I think you'll agree.

  

Facebook'/Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Haha - glad you're still on the blogilates!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! As annoyed as I may be about you clearly trying to kill me by sharing it, I'm actually really enjoying it - all that stuff about endorphins making you happy from Legally Blonde is true! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...