Thursday, December 29

Lana Del Rey

I haven't written a music post in forever. It's mostly because by the time I've found out about an artist, they've been out forever and everyone already knows about them. Although, this artist has been around a bit this year, hopefully you haven't heard too much about her or even better, for me, haven't heard of her at all.






Lana Del Rey (real name Lizzy Grant) is a singer/songwriter from Lake Placid, New York, United States. She released her debut album, “Lana Del Rey” in 2010 and issued the “Video Games” b/w “Blue Jeans” single in October 2011.
In all honesty, I discovered Lana Del Rey after seeing a photo of her come up on my Tumblr dashboard. The yellow gold, the fake nails, that face - there's no denying she has a love of tack (my kind of girl) and she's stunning. She describes herself as a 'Gangsta Nancy Sinatra', which, really, you can't not love. However when it came to her music I was a little unsure. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but her voice really wasn't it.


Video Games - Lana Del Rey 
(Jools Holland, October 2011)






Lana's music is a little bit retro with the combination of her throaty voice and 60's melodies, laid over modern, ambient beats. She might describe herself as a 'gangsta Nancy Sinatra', but the image that comes to mind when I hear her music is 'Jessica Rabbit performing with Faithless'.

Born to Die (Official Video)
To be released in the UK 23rd January, 2012.

Lana's album 'Born to Die' is due for release on January 30th, 2012.

More Lana.

Official Website
Facebook
Twitter
Last.fm


Facebook'/Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/pinterest

3 comments:

  1. I was introduced to her via Tumblr too - suddenly she was all over my dashboard! Born To Die is really lovely ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The track due for release on 23rd Jan is Born To Die - Video Games has been out for a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah, thank you will correct - just realised I put the wrong name for the video. Thank you Anon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...