Monday, September 10

I Like Your Style: Michelle Williams

After the 'controversy' of my previous two I Like Your Style posts, I thought I'd go for someone a little safer. Of course, not safe in the way she dresses (that would be boring), but safe in the sense that if you don't think this lady is well dressed, it's probably safer to weed you out from now.
Michelle probably first became known when she played the troubled New Yorker (with an awesome grandmother) Jen Lindley on Dawsons Creek; the obligatory rebellious blonde to Joey Potters' (Katie Holmes) tomboy brunette. Nevertheless, since the show ended in 2003, she has moved so effortlessly (and impeccably) into her film roles - Brokeback Mountain, Blue Valentine, My Week with Marilyn - that it's almost a disservice to her, to mention Dawson's Creek straight away.
Michelle Williams has the look (and hair) that Tyra Banks wishes she could create every year on ANTM, when she cuts one of the model's hair to look like Mia Farrow's in Rosemary's Baby". Her style is very gamine, whimsical, ethereal (all those buzz words) - a bit like a grown-up, more modern version of Wendy Darling (Peter Pan). Despite that she isn't afraid of a little (or a lot of) colour and every now and again, something a little bit edgy (think red lace and leather); She's also worn one of the best Oscar dresses of recent years (the canary yellow Vera Wang dress, above) 
Facebook'/Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...