Sunday, February 10

Recently, I Have Mostly...


Although, I did a mini-post last week, I'm officially back to proper blogging this week, and since it's been a while I thought I'd do a little update of what I have been up to. 
  • Firstly, thank you for the messages I received regarding my break, they certainly cheered me up and made feel a little less guilty about abandoning the blog for a little while. As further explanation (and hopefully an explanation why posts were a bit sporadic in 2012); My Grandma was diagnosed with cancer last March/April (around the time I was in London on placement). She underwent radiotherapy over the summer, after which we thought the cancer had gone. Just under month ago, however, we found out that the cancer had spread and she was given two weeks. She passed away on 30th January. I honestly couldn't put into words how much she means to me; It feels odd going to her house, without her physically being there - it just feels like she's in the next room. But I feel incredibly fortunate to have had someone as encouraging, honest and loving in my life for 25 years. 
  • Although, I haven't actually written anything down, I have been doing lots of blog related things 'behind the scenes' so to speak, which I will be writing about in the next couple of days. One of the things I did was to go to Cow Vintage's Nottingham Lock-in, I'm a big fan of Cow Vintage, so I was delighted to receive an invite to the event - I can't wait to show you what I got! I also spent an extremely snowy, wet and windy day in London (see photo above) with my cousin to visit the Hollywood Costume exhibition in its final few days. 
  • In my usual television viewing news, I started watching 30 Rock from the beginning a couple of months ago, and it took about four seasons but I actually really like it now (possibly helped by Jack McBrayer and the many extremely funny guest appearances). I spent a bit of time googling for articles about HBO's Girls and ended up discovering the Bravo TV series Gallery Girls, which I proceeded to watch the entire series of. The show follows seven ladies trying to get ahead in the New York art world - the hipstery Brooklynites, super preened Upper East side ladies and a middle-of-the-road Long Island fish-out-of-water. Gallery Girls is your typical trashy reality show filled to the brim with bitchy ladies and class divides, but so addictive. As far as other addictive reality shows go, thanks to Terri-Jane I am now obsessively watching The Big Reunion on ITV2 (which features a few of everyone's other favourite pop bands - 5ive, 911, B*Witched, Atomic Kitten...).
(more after the jump)

  • I've been on a bit of a non-stop shopping spree of late. Inspired by Ultraculture's Beyond Clueless project, I bought a few of my favourite teen films. I also picked up a couple of my favourites from last year's film list, and replaced my first worn out DVD (Stealing Beauty). I've also bought a lot of books (almost all of which were bought from charity shops for no more than £2 each), which will hopefully make it a lot easier to surpass my Goodreads target this year.
  • Speaking of, I'm two books into my Goodreads target having completed Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami and The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. I'll hopefully post reviews once I'm a couple more books into my target.
  • Finally, I rejigged my Tumblr blog design (and the header for this blog), they're only minor edits, but I quite like them, I hope you do too!
That's pretty much it for the time being, not much really, but I really wanted to do a little update, and thank you for your patience. 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, Happy Chinese New Year and have a great week.

Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...