Wednesday, March 6

On Display: The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier


This popped up on twitter earlier this afternoon, and I had to share! 

I am a huge fan of Jean Paul Gaultier - both his clothes and the man himself - he was actually one of the first fashion designers I ever learnt about, when watching The Clothes Show in the early 90's with my mum (she's also a huge fan). I love his passion for fashion (eugh, that sounds cheesy), I love the stories that he creates for his collections and I love his wonderfully eccentric personality. I don't want to wish the year away, but 2014 can't come fast enough! 

This theatrically-staged exhibition brings together more than 140 cutting-edge couture and ready-to-wear garments including iconic costumes for film and performance from the early 1970s to the present day.

The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From Sidewalk to Catwalk will be at the Barbican from 9th April 2014 - 17th August 2014. For further details visit the Barbican website.


Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I need to see this. He was my first (fashion) love when studying fashion at college. Must see Bowie at the V&A too, a trip to London needs planning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...