Monday, June 17

I Want To See This Film...


(trailer contains nsfw language)
When I started writing this post I accidentally left the caps-lock key on, so the title was all in capital letters, I am so intrigued by this film that I considered leaving it like that. This trailer has single-handedly made me desperate to see a film that I was previously only mildly interested in.

At this point most of us know The Wolf of Wall Street as Leo DiCaprio's other big film of the year, the first one of course being The Great Gatsby. After a disappointing award season last year (or every year for Leo) with his lack of nominations for Django Unchained, there has been a lot of speculation that the Academy may from him a bone for this, his fifth film with Martin Scorsese. I always find Leo's lack of award love quite puzzling, he very rarely puts a foot wrong in the films he chooses. There's never much doubt that his films will be successful - financially and critically, but I will definitely be keeping paying close attention to nominations come January.

The Wolf of Wall Street is due to be released in the UK in January 2014 (which is quite a long time wait, considering it's released in Russia in November).

(two more films, after the cut)

"From the studio that brought you Little Miss Sunshine, starring lots of people that you love - Toni Collette, Sam Rockwell, Steve Carell, Maya Rudolph, Amanda Peet, Allison Janney, AnnaSophia Robb, Jim Rash..." Granted those weren't the exact words said in the trailer, but that's what they meant to say, because, I mean, that's a lot of awesome right there and it looks like the same balance of funny, sweet and heartwarming that Little Miss Sunshine was. You can almost always guarantee a gem from Fox Searchlight at least once a year. Also, whilst we're discussing underrated, under nominated actors, how about Sam Rockwell? One of my favourite actors (and an awesome dancer), yet vastly under-nominated.

The Way Way Back is due for UK release on 28th August.

I figured that I'm on a 'this person deserves a golden statuette' roll and good things come in threes, so I thought I'd add What Maisie Knew to the list, which stars one of my favourite actresses, Julianne Moore (also underrated and under nominated). I don't know much about this film, but I've heard a lot of positive reviews so far, so I'm definitely intrigued.

What Maisie Knew is due for UK release on 23rd August.

Whilst I'm talking film, I'm still updating my film list, but if you want a speedier version of that list you can follow me on Letterboxd. Letterboxd thoroughly encourages my one true love - list making, and to that end, I have made several (usually at 3am).
Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/pinterest/Letterboxd

1 comment:

  1. That's the first time I've seen that Leo trailer, I really want to see it too. How worried dies Matthew look though! Hope that's just make up etc!

    Lauren
    livinginaboxx
    bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...