Thursday, October 31

Film Inspiration: Practical Magic


Title: Practical Magic
Released: 1998
Director: Griffin Dunne
Starring: Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman and Stockard Channing
"The wry, comic romantic tale follows the Owens sisters, Sally and Gillian, as they struggle to use their hereditary gift for practical magic to overcome the obstacles in discovering true love." 
It's common knowledge that I don't do scary films, as I'm very easily scared - if you want film suggestions to terrify a small child, I'm the person to ask. Practical Magic is one of very few Halloween (ish) films that I can actually watch (the others being Ghostbusters, The Craft and Hocus Pocus); I absolutely adore this film, mainly because it's not scary, it stars Sandra Bullock and it's about a family of witches (also, bonus thing that I just discovered, it was released on my 11th birthday).

Practical Magic isn't a witchy film in the stereotypical Halloween way - green faces, pointy hats and warts - the Owen's sisters are closer to what you would imagine a real (white) witch to be; There's a big focus on nature and the weather, it's all a bit 90's hippy living in New England.


Facebook'/Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/pinterest

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this film! It's one of my favourites. I basically just want to be Sandra Bullock in everything ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, yey, mine too - It's a proper feel good film! I love the combo of Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock. Sandra Bullock instantly makes any film a million times better, I will genuinely watch anything she's in. Have you seen The Heat? I absolutely loved The Heat!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...