Monday, February 3

Recently, I Have Mostly...


Gah, I feel like I should have a good reason for having a month long break, but I don't so meh. But for what it's worth, Happy 2014, I hope it's lovely so far!

This is sort of a 'recently' post, but sort of not, because I haven't done much of interest recently to warrant an entirely bullet pointed post: I've mostly been busy working. I spent so much time focusing on the career side of my life last year, that now I'm on slightly steadier footing, or at least slightly more comfortable with that side of things, I felt a little less anxious taking a month or two off blogging and spending time with my friends and family.

A couple of bullet points for prosperity:

  • I'm not doing the Goodreads Reading Challenge this year, mostly because I don't want to set a numerical target. I want to try setting my own targets, like starting 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami or finally finishing one the half read books on my shelf. I quite wanted to mix it up a little this year and hopefully this will encourage me to diversify my reading a little.
  • I went to see Wolf of Wall Street. It was long, like I left the cinema questioning if Scorsese knew how to edit 'long' (and if he is capable of writing parts for women), but still I enjoyed it.
  • Regular TV update: Sherlock was good wasn't it? The tone felt incredibly different to the previous two series', possibly because he felt a lot more 'human' and emotional, I'm not sure if I prefer the emotional Sherlock to the detached Sherlock of series one and two, but it was interesting to see. Also TV related, I have Tumblr to thank (again) for introducing me to Bob's Burgers - it is fantastically funny and bizarre, like all the best family themed, animated comedies and it has the best guest stars (voice stars?).
That's pretty much it. This was mostly just a precursor to the fact that I have a couple of posts planned, but I didn't want to jump in without addressing my absence. So, hello and um, let's get back to it shall we?


Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/Pinterest/Letterboxd/Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...