Thursday, March 20

Paris, Pt I: Serendipity


Top of the list of things I learnt in Paris - my love of massive gold objects isn't limited to jewellery.

So, yes, I recently returned from six days in Paris; my first ever trip to Paris, my first ever trip to France and it was wonderful. One of the best things about the weekend was the pollution; don't worry I'm not one of those people who believe that climate change was invented by Al Gore. Generally pollution is a terrible thing, but not only did I somehow randomly pick an incredibly warm weekend, but I also selected one where the Parisian government decided to make public transport free.

(more photos after the jump)

 
 

If you look closely (through the fence) at the Chateau Versailles you can see that the edges of the windows are gold - that was pretty cool.

As you can probably tell, I got quite caught up in the architecture; the fact that you can turn a seemingly random corner to be faced with a stunning gothic church or a Roman inspired neoclassical church (Madeleine), was a little hard to grasp.

Obviously aside from adoring all the architecture, I also did a little bit of shopping - I thought I'd save that for another post in a few days (ie when I finally unpack my suitcase).

Bloglovin'/Twitter/Tumblr/Pinterest/Letterboxd

1 comment:

  1. Oh Paris, so gorgeous, especially in the sun. I so need to go back, Versailles truly blew my mind when we went last time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...